Maps and Panoramas
The history of every place can be traced by changes in maps over the decades and centuries.
- 1755 Map by Joshua Fry and Peter Jefferson (Thomas' father) of Virginia (Library of Congress). Excerpt of Wheeling Creek area (?)
- 1755 Map of British and French dominions in North America, 1755 (Library of Congress
- 1796 Map of Victor Collot showing buildings and fort at Wheeling.
- 1802 Aaron Arrowsmith's map of North America
- 1817 The Navigator 1817 Map map of Ohio River and description of Wheeling
- ~1830s Famous drawing from before the Suspension Bridge (pre-1849)
- ~ 1849 engraving from Wheeling Hill south
- 1853 City of Wheeling - 1853 by Manfred & Simpson.
- 1854 Drawing of Wheeling from Chapline Hill by Edward Sasche
- 1857 Wheeling from April 1857 Harpers Monthly.
- 1870 Wheeling, 1870 Map Classic birds-eye View!
- 2008 Ohio River View Photo panorama from March 2008