Here are major sources for information on this site.
- John Bowman (2009) Wheeling - The Birthplace of the American Steamboat. Self published in cooperation with Wheeling National Heritage Corporation.
- William A. Carney Jr and Brent Carney (2003) Images of America - Wheeling. Arcadia Publishing Company. pp 127.
- Chicago Map Co. (1870) Bird's Eye View of the City of Wheeling. Library of Congress.
- Gibson Lamb Cranmer (1902) History of Wheeling City and Ohio County, West Virginia and Representative Citizens. Biographical Publishing Co., Chicago, pp 853. Reprinted 1994 by Closson Press.
- B. Fluty (no date) Centre Market Square National Register of Historic Places Inventory - Nomination Form.
- Tom Dunham (2003) Wheeling in the 20th Century. 1st Books Library, pp 123.
- Intelligencer (1999) Ohio Valley Memories
- Paul D. Marshall (1988) North Wheeling Historic District. National Register of Historic Places Registration Form
- Mrs. J. Meier and four others (1969) Wheeling Bicentennial 1769-1969.
- Charles J. Milton (1943) Landmarks of Old Wheeling and Surrounding Country. (printed for Stone & Thomas).
- J.H. Newton, G.G. Nickols and A.G. Sprankle (1879) History of the Pan Handle West Virginia. (Closson Press reprint, 1999)
- Stuart Pavilack and Beverly Fluty (1990) A Walking Tour of Historic Wheeling. Wheeling Historic Landmarks Commission. pp 36 with map.
- Tricia T. Pyne (2000) Faith in the Mountains: A History of the Diocese of Wheeling - Charleston 1850-2000. Editions du Signe, France.
- Diane Rhodes (compiler) (1999?) Week's Review of Society, Wheeling News-Register 1921. Ohio Public Library.
- Robert W. Schramm (2006) Wheeling Island - A Photographic History. Creative Impressions, Wheeling, pp 117.
- Henry Dickerson Scott (1929) Iron and Steel in Wheeling. Caslon Co., Toledo.
- Ben Stout III, Bob Scatterday, and Hope Childers (2006) A Proposal for Incorporating the Former Wheeling Terminal Railway into the Wheeling Heritage Trail “Network”. Wheeling Jesuit University.